- Army Veteran wins $2.56 Million verdict against Phoenix VA
- Woman, 4 others settle for $1.4 Million
- Cancer Victim Wins Judgement
- OCTA settles injury lawsuit
- Hospitals to pay family $8 million
- Legal battle swirls around veteran in vegetative state.
- $17.6 million awarded in malpractice case.
- Fontana Kaiser ordered to pay $848,000
- $1.1 million is awarded after surgeon found negligent
- Claim faults TCHD
- Coroner: Morphine Triggered boy’s death
- Family Sues Home Depot in Girl’s Death
- Loss of son devastates couple
- Shooting victim gets $2.3 million
- Jury awards $1 million in harassment case
- O’side man wins $1.1M in lawsuit
- Lawsuit: Disney Security too harsh
Fontana Kaiser ordered to pay $848,000
Press-Enterprise, The (Riverside, CA), October 5, 1999
Kaiser Permanente has been ordered to pay $848,000 to the family of a 29-year-old Riverside man who died last year after the hospital misdiagnosed his strep infection as flu.
Harun Antwine dies March 4, 1998, after he being taken to Kaiser Permenente facilities in Fontana and Colton with a high fever, said attorney Gregory Patton of Santa Ana.
Patton represented Antwine’s wife Sandra and the couple’s three children in a binding arbitration hearing with Kaiser last week that resulted in the financial order.
Kaiser doctors diagnosed Antwine and after a brief hospital visit told his wife to take him home and “just ride it out,” basically, Patton said. “The doctors prescribed no antibiotics,” he said.
Antwine died two days later of multiple organ failure triggered by the strep infection, Patton said.